Vista Irrigation District is currently seeking volunteers for the Tri-annual Lead & Copper Monitoring program.
Under the Safe Drinking Water Act and the Lead and Copper Rule, public water suppliers are required to work with the public in order to monitor the drinking water for lead and/or copper contaminants in the public water supply.
Limited testing spots are available; the law requires us to use as many repeat testing sites as possible every cycle of testing so opt in early for the best chance of getting an open test spot.
Testing will be performed at no cost to participants.
- Must be a Single-Family Residence served by Vista Irrigation District.
- Residence must have been constructed in 1985 or prior.
- Residential pipes must be copper, not plastic.
- Residence must not have a whole house water conditioner (filter/softener).
- Residence must not have a groundwater well on the property.
If you elect to participate:
- VID will deliver a 1-Liter bottle with instructions for how and when to sample.
- YOU will collect a sample from an unfiltered faucet inside your house.
- YOU place the filled sample bottle outside for pick up on the pre-scheduled day.
- VID will pick the sample up and send it to a third party lab.
- VID will share the lab results of your residence with YOU.
If you are interested in participating in this program, please contact Rich Gangloff at firstname.lastname@example.org or (760) 597-3175.