Did you know that more than half of residential water use is for landscape irrigation? As temperatures rise, landscapes need more water. Here are some tips to remain water efficient during the hot summer months:
- Water trees a few days ahead of extreme heat. Click here for information on tree care resources.
- Consider installing a water-efficient drip irrigation system for trees, shrubs and flowers to get water to plant roots more efficiently.
- Water in early morning or late evening to reduce evaporation and wind interference.
- Make sure you are watering right. Customize your watering schedule to the weather and your plants’ watering needs using the Landscape Water Calculator.
- Take advantage of rebates on water efficient products. For more information visit www.socalwatersmart.com.
Browse San Diego County Water Authority’s free e-guide to living a WaterSmart lifestyle and discover beautiful garden and outdoor living ideas.