Skip to main content

Water Rate & Fee Schedule Effective March 1, 2021

Water bills mailed on or after March 1, 2021 will reflect increases in the water usage charge due to increased costs from the San Diego County Water Authority (Water Authority) as well as the Water Authority’s Emergency Storage Fee. The increases from the Water Authority are primarily related to the higher cost of emergency storage, transporting water to the San Diego region and the cost of water purchased from the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California.


As shown in the graph below, approximately 11% of the revenue generated by water usage charges is utilized by Vista Irrigation District to cover operating and maintenance expenses. The remaining 89% is used to pay the Water Authority for water purchases.


Water Usage Charge Allocation Graph: CWA 89%, 11% VID


A typical residential customer’s bill (3/4” meter and 24 units/bi-monthly billing) will increase by less than 2%. The water usage charge in each tier is increasing by 9 cents per billing unit while the emergency storage fee is increasing by 65 cents per month. Below are links to two documents; one showing the financial impact of the water usage charge and emergency storage fee increases on a typical residential customer and the other showing full rate and fee schedule effective March 1, 2021.

March 1, 2021 Water Rate Typical Customer Bill ImpactWater Rate & Fee Schedule Effective March 1, 2021