The arrival of spring means longer days and warmer weather. Now is the perfect time to inspect irrigation systems and adjust irrigation controllers. Check out these spring landscape maintenance tips:
- Set your irrigation clock ahead an hour and check your batteries when daylight saving time begins.
- Water in early morning or late evening to reduce evaporation and wind interference.
- Consider aerating your lawn to increase water infiltration.
- Inspect your irrigation system for leaks, over-spray, water pressure issues and broken components, and fix them promptly.
- Plant WaterSmart. Check out the Nifty 50 guide to selecting a wide variety of low maintenance and native plants that will thrive in our climate.
- Add 3” to 4” of mulch around trees & plants to reduce evaporation.
Need help assessing your irrigation system? Take advantage of a free WaterSmart Check-up, which includes site-specific water-saving recommendations from a certified irrigation professional. Click here for more information or to schedule an appointment.